Thursday, January 04, 2007

Blogs United in... Hampton Roads?

Well, Alton - Lord help him! - has invited me to be an author here at Blogs United, so I suppose I ought to get the ball rolling somehow.

There's been some idle (well, to me - I've been too wrapped up in Christmas and Munchkin's school to pay much attention) talk about having the blog conference in the Hampton Roads area this year. For those of you who may not know, Hampton roads is a general area which include Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Hampton (did I miss any?). There's lots to do and see, and of course there's also a LOT of history there.

Now, I'm forgetting whether there's been any specific location mentioned, but this year is the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown, and of course Williamsburg is in that area, too.

So... What do you-all think about location, when do you think is a good time - August, like last year? - who do you think we ought to invite to speak, what topics are of interest? Oh, and what about FOOD? *snicker* Can't forget food...

Please comment with your suggestions - or bring me up to speed with anything that's been set up that I've missed seeing!

(UPDATE: Sigh - Hampton, Tidewater - I've heard it called both ;-) And I *see* the countdown, but I'm still fuzzy about the date... Yes, I know... I can be a dizzy brunette! LOL)

1 comment:

Henry said...

Thankks for writing this